Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Dear Friends, Family, and Strangers..

2008.

A year I will not miss, much.
A year that changed me from the inside out.
A year I made friends and lost them.
A year I grew close to my mom.
A year of hardships for everyone.
A year my life came down around me in pieces and was slowly built up from scratch.
A year I found God again, and yet don't seem to have a full grip on it all.
A year I became a SL addict.
A year I went to college.
A year I tried new things.
A year that is important in my life.

I look back on this year, and wonder. The beginning of this year I was so lost, confused, angry. Since then, I'm still a little lost and confused, but the anger has become a dull roar. I'm not as emotional as I used to be, I'm not like the ticking time bomb waiting to blow. Lets go through this year..

The first few months..my faith was completely broken, I had lost a friend to suicide, I was angry with everyone, especially myself. I found hope in a friend who ended up stabbing me in the back a few times, but by then I had found friends that were always there for me. I graduated from highschool, had chosen a college, the summer flew by, I thought I had fallen in love..I worked on a cherry farm. Autumn came, and thus started school. It seemed easy, and the school part, was, the emotional, mental, physical part...not so much. I went through so many trials, ended up coming home right before thanksgiving for surgery. Since that day I've become relaxed, comfortable with myself. I have fallen in love, but that may pass, I hope not. I've made many friends this year, I hope to keep them even if I move to the west coast. At the end of the year, I am sick...I will spend the day in bed and the evening probably in bed as well.

So this is my farewell to the year of toughness, the year of change, the year that has made me who I am today.

No comments:

Post a Comment