I don't know where to begin today, except for the fact that my friends are everything to me. I know they will pass by, and I will make new friends, and I already have made new friends, but the bond we have is unlike one that I have ever had with any of my friends in my life. When you spend so much time with one group of people they become apart of who you are and who you want to be. I might not be the brightest person when I'm with them, but I feel like I am myself. College has taken me on many twists and turns and through hell basically. I'm not saying its all bad, just the trials I've gone through to get to where I am today are not ones I would like to repeat. I've had a lot of time to think about my future, to think about what I want in my life...and I've come up with a few ideas, but none of them are ones that I could see happening tomorrow, so why worry? Look around yourself, what is it that truly makes you, you? Last night was the first time I actually felt like I was back to normal...is that bad? I guess not because I've been put through a meat slicing machine and been expected to jump through hoops and make a new life in a matter of months. I love my college friends, but I realize its going to take more than just a few months for me to become who I am with them that I am with the friends, I in a sense "grew up with"..those people that were with me through some of the toughest times of my life so far, even this surgery was spent away from my college friends...
"If we ourselves become who we want to be, by ourselves, then whom do we have to share it with?"
Life is about community, I have to remember that when I want to hide away from it all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment